The purpose of our circus program is to develop resilience in the students of Kelso High Campus. To provide a framework for the development of life long learning skills associated with living a healthy and productive life.
It addresses the basic human need of our young people for affection, autonomy, freedom, fun, protection and recognition. It enables students to take responsibility for making choices which will benefit themselves and society.
- both restores and builds confidence
- provides caring and support beyond the immediate family
- contributes positively to the lives of others
- promotes physical fitness,health and well being
- develops teamwork and leadership skills
- promotes engagement in learning
- develops connectedness through community engagement
- Develops networks for future
- improves communication skills
- Promotes a sense of being valued.