The purpose of our circus program is to develop resilience in the students of Kelso High Campus. To provide a framework for the development of life long learning skills associated with living a healthy and productive life.
It addresses the basic human need of our young people for affection, autonomy, freedom, fun, protection and recognition. It enables students to take responsibility for making choices which will benefit themselves and society.
- Restore and build confidence
- Provide care and support beyond the immediate family
- Contribute positively to the lives of others
- Promote physical fitness, health and well being
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
- Promote engagement in learning
- Develop connectedness through community engagement
- Develop networks for the future
- Improve communication skills
- Promote a sense of being valued.